1244 Victoria Street North, Kitchener, Ontario, N2B 3C9   Contact/Email   519-743-1689   519-743-1401

Boat Insurance

Your Recreational Vehicles

  • Whether you own a small boat or a cruiser, whether you are a weekend angler or an avid sailor, you’ll need insurance for your boat.
  • Typically, boat insurance covers damage to boats, damage to other property, bodily injury, theft, vandalism, gear on board, etc.
  • Hancock Insurance will ease you through the process by tailoring a plan specifically for your boating needs.

Recreational FAQs

If you need more information, e-mail us your questions at info@hancockinsurance.ca.

1. Do I need insurance on my boat?

Property insurance policies provide limited coverage for lower horsepower boats and may vary from company to company. Generally speaking boats with an engine over 10 hp require an endorsement to the policy. Costs increase with the horsepower. You can also purchase coverage for damage to your boat. Speak with a Hancock Insurance broker to discuss the optional coverage available.

2. Do I need insurance if I only drive my snowmobile/atv on my own property?

Property insurance policies generally exclude liability coverage for any motorized vehicle. Regardless of whether you are on your property or not, a situation may occur where there is bodily injury or property damage to others. Your property policy would not respond and therefore would require coverage under a snowmobile/atv policy.

Recreational Links

Marine Training & Consulting Ltd.

Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs

Go RVing Canada