Your Recreational Vehicles
- A watercraft is defined as a recreational water vehicle on which the rider sits or stands and has an inboard motor for propulsion.
- Some brand-named watercrafts are Sea-Doo, Jet-Ski, and WaveRunner.
- To find out what coverage best protects you and your aquatic vehicle, contact Hancock Insurance, the recreational vehicle specialist.
If you need more information, e-mail us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Do I need insurance on my boat?
Property insurance policies provide limited coverage for lower horsepower boats and may vary from company to company. Generally speaking boats with an engine over 10 hp require an endorsement to the policy. Costs increase with the horsepower. You can also purchase coverage for damage to your boat. Speak with a Hancock Insurance broker to discuss the optional coverage available.
2. Do I need insurance if I only drive my snowmobile/atv on my own property?
Property insurance policies generally exclude liability coverage for any motorized vehicle. Regardless of whether you are on your property or not, a situation may occur where there is bodily injury or property damage to others. Your property policy would not respond and therefore would require coverage under a snowmobile/atv policy.