We are pleased to welcome a new member to the Hancock Team: Megan H. Megan is our new Broker Assistant. She will be assisting our brokers in their day to day business activities. If you speak with Megan on the phone, be sure to mention that you read this post on our website and we’ll enter your name in a draw for a FREE coffee gift card!!!
This week at Hancock Insurance, we want to share some tips for talking to elderly adults about when to stop driving and how to have the difficult conversation when they are incapable of continuing to drive. Have the conversation sooner rather than later, especially if their driving could be dangerous.
Plan for the conversation by:
- choosing an empathetic, reliable person to have the discussion
- realizing that you may not convince them to stop driving
- knowing the discussion may not be resolved in one conversation
- being considerate of how difficult giving up driving would be
- planning to have the discussion when there enough time
- preparing for them to react negatively
Check back tomorrow for tips on how to manage the discussion.